Optimal nutritional health for Islanders.
The PEI Healthy Eating Alliance works collaboratively across settings to improve the healthy eating habits of all Islanders through public education and supportive environments.
1) To increase nutrition education and promote healthy eating to all Islanders and all those who have an impact on how Islanders eat.
2) To increase access to safe and healthy food for all Islanders.
3) To collaboratively facilitate and build capacity for the development, implementation and evaluation of comprehensive healthy eating policies and or guidelines aimed at improving the nutritional health of all Islanders.
4) To build the engagement and capacity of the Healthy Eating Alliance membership to achieve the outcomes of the Alliance.
A structure for the PEI Healthy Eating Alliance was formulated by the members at an initial workshop and has continued to evolve as work progresses. The Alliance became incorporated in July 2008. The current structure allows for clarity in communication and decision-making.
The PEI Healthy Eating Alliance Board of Directors is a committee of individuals from various sectors who provide coordination and guidance to the Alliance and its 4 working groups, including the Nutrition Education and Promotion Working Group, Access to Safe and Healthy Food Working Group, Healthy Eating Policy Working Group, and the Partnership and Organizational Development Working Group.
"The HEA is the host organization for the PEI Food Security Network for 2011."
- Association of Nurses of PEI
- Atlantic Superstore
- Breakfast for Learning
- Breastfeeding Coalition of PEI
- Canadian Cancer Society, PEI Division
- Dietitians of Canada
- Early Childhood Development Association
- Eastern School District
- Family Resource Centres
- Heart and Stroke Foundation of PEI
- Island Pediatricians
- La Commission Scolaire de Langue Française
- l’Association des Femmes Acadienne et Francophones de l’I-P-E
- Medical Society of PEI
- Parent representatives
- PEI Active Living Alliance
- PEI Department of Agriculture
- PEI Department of Communities, Cultural Affairs and Labour
- PEI Department of Education
- PEI Department of Health
- PEI Department of Social Services and Seniors
- PEI Home and School Federation
- PEI Home Economics Association
- PEI Horticultural Association
- PEI Potato Marketing Board
- PEI School Milk Foundation
- PEI Teachers’ Federation
- PEI Tobacco Reduction Alliance (PETRA)
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- Sobey’s Food Warehouse
- UPEI: Children’s Health Applied Research Team (CHART), Department of Family and Nutritional Sciences
- Western School Board